Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Editing software

   I've come to the part in my project where I have to decide what editing software I have to use. Since I don't have a lot of money to waste, I can't afford any of the fancier options like Final Cut Pro. So I have to make do with the free and cheaper options available to me. However, I still want a decent editing software, at least as decent as my budget allows. Last year I used WeVideo, because that was a year long free trial plan that my class was all signed up for so of course I took advantage of that. That plan has now expired and I can't get the free trial on the same email I had the original one on. So that was no longer an option. I considered iMovie, as it is available already downloaded on my laptop and accessible. However it doesn't produce the type of quality that I'd like once I download the full project, and download speeds tend to be slow. Not to mention I have to upload the individual videos to my laptop which takes some time and storage, and then download the final product which further takes up storage on my laptop.

  It took me some searching to find something that was well recommended and I could both get for free and not have it take up so much storage that I'd have to sort through on my laptop. I found the app Cute CUT. What first appealed to me is that is only available on IOS, so that allows me to be able to edit all my shots together on my phone right there instead of uploading to my computer individually and editing on my laptop, which as I said takes up time and storage. With being able to edit on my phone, I can simply just upload the final product to my laptop in order to submit it. Cute CUT is user friendly and comes with features such as drag and drop that allows you to arrange media segments easily, it supports both portrait and landscape mode, supports various resolutions and aspect ratios including HD (16:9), SD (4:3), and square (1:1). You can also create a picture-in-picture edit, and can draw on the movie itself with over 30 brush styles. This seems like the perfect option, being both accessible and affordable with just the right amount of tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...