Saturday, March 7, 2020

Shot types and angles for each scene

  Casting update: I have finally found my actor for the main character of the film opening! Just in time to start working on filming with her, so it is important that I start organizing the shot types for each scene now.

Storyboard:

What I have so far for my upcoming filming days!
I am going to start filming these scenes next Saturday and Sunday at around noon, and I will be posting blogs with vlogs attached going out to purchase any items needed, and may dedicate a post to the main character!
                                     








Description of scene:

  The title screen appears with non-diegetic music in the background, and as the title fades into the opening scene where the opening credits will roll throughout, the music will become diegetic. My main character, Maya Palmer, switches the channel station to some news. The news isn't good, and it involves something that affects her. It was playing as she was getting ready to head out for the day, and as it makes her feel the need to mentally prepare herself, a series of close-up, intimate shots of her looking at herself in the mirror are played and as she closes her eyes a new news article involving the same topic pops up before she has a flashback to a memory of her own mother putting on makeup in the mirror. To distinguish the flashbacks from the present moment, I plan to use new light settings, different editing techniques (for example: a close up of her face closing her eyes that cuts to a past memory scene). This scene is meant to provide the context for the rest of the movie if this were to be produced as such, taking a more artistic approach with different lighting and color schemes, with mise-en-scene elements, more specifically focusing on makeup. I really want to convey the emotions of the character going through this scene, to convey what getting ready to go outside feels as a Black transgender woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...