Friday, March 19, 2021

Character background

   Hello again! I wanted to talk a little about my planning process for the main character of my short film. I decided to plan the character out and make my idea of them more well rounded in the hopes that I will further be able to develop the plot for my piece, which I discussed briefly in my last posting. Making characters is the fun part! So I am excited to share my character with you.

  My main character's name is Evelyn, but she goes by Eve for short. She is 18 years old and a senior in high school, getting ready to graduate soon and move on to college. Senioritis is hitting her just as hard as any other senior in high school, so that is relatively normal. However, Eve has bipolar disorder that she was only recently diagnosed with and prescribed medication and other treatment plans. So she is trying to navigate the end of an era but the beginning of recovery and the rest of her life that she has no idea what she wants to do with. So you can imagine that senioritis is hitting her twice as hard. 

  She lives with her single mother, who is a nurse, and isn't always there physically but is a great mom who shows up for her daughter emotionally whenever she has time off work to take care of her. She also has a sister two years younger than her and who she considers her best friend, they're very close and thats partly to do with the fact that she doesn't have very many close friends so she hangs out with her sister most of the time whenever she's not alone, but for now this doesn't bother her too much.

  I've decided to go with no physical description because I want to be flexible in my casting of actors for this character's role, as well as for the actors playing the personification of her bipolar disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...