Thursday, March 19, 2020

Editing Techniques Part 2

How will I utilize these techniques?

  Cutting is most definitely inevitable within this piece. It is a part of the majority of films and other productions out there. So are rolls, especially so in my own film opening because I have to provide the opening credits As for the rest, I have already come up with many ways I could use them in my film opening. For example, as soon as I saw the term J cut, I knew that would be used in the very beginning. The screen would be black for about five seconds as a song is playing in the background, and the title appears, showing the subject of the sound after it had been playing for a little while. Jump cuts can be beneficial for shortening the time so that I can fit it within the time frame. The montage editing technique suits the first thirty seconds of what I have already filmed to convey a message and emotion immediately from the start, so even though all I will be producing of my story is the first two minutes of it, the audience can already develop an understanding of the kind of outcome this film will have, as well as the underlying message of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...