Saturday, March 14, 2020

Costume and Makeup Design in Action

  In my last posting I showed the ideas that inspired the makeup and costume I had in mind for my film and these are the results! Morgan, the actress for my main character, Maya Palmer, who are both 19 years old, was able to bring a perfect set of costumes. I provided jewelry and makeup.
 





The outfit consisted of a white t-shirt, a loose denim jacket
thrown on top, a pair of baggy denim jeans, and black boots.
For jewelry, we decided on a low hanging lapis lazuli necklace, and a pair of 60's-70's inspired leopard print geometric earrings.                                                                                                                    










For makeup, I decided to do something more natural that accentuated her eyes, lips and the high points of her face. *Disclaimer - I will be mentioning products I used, none of which are sponsored.* On her eyes, I used a couple of different eyeshadow shades from the Morphe 350 palette, Fenty Beauty's Diamond Bomb: How Many Carats?!, Clinique kohl eyeliner pencil in the shade intense black. On her nose and cheekbones I used Clinique chubby stick sculpting highlighter, and finally on her lips a simple clear lipgloss with Rimmel London's Oh My Gloss!




Steps for the eyeshadow look:

1) I began with using this light brown shade as a base for blending the colors together smoothly, mainly focusing it in the crease with a small blending brush.














2) Then, I took this rusty, deep brown shade with a smaller precision brush and focused on only the crease, to deepen the shade and give the illusion of bigger and deeper eyes, barely blending it to keep the deepened look.














 3) Lastly for the eyeshadow part, I used this shimmery golden shade and swept it across the lid to contrast the deep crease, further helping the illusion of wide, big, awake eyes.
















 4) I topped off the eye look by doing a blurred out line of the Clinique kohl liner right by the lash line, with a blended out wing for wider eyes, and then lining her lower waterline with the same liner. Then, I added a little bit of the Fenty Beauty glitter product lightly to her inner corners of her eyes for an extra pop.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...