Friday, March 13, 2020

Props, Costumes, Makeup Inspiration and More!

  I have officially started filming! So I had to come up with some inspiration, again using Mural for my inspirations, and in my next blog posting I will show the results of this inspiration come to life. To start, I made one for the clothing, jewelry and makeup that goes into the character's personality. Though it is a retro, seventies kind of look, it is not taking place in the past. It is taking place in modern times. The purpose of having this as important is to develop the personality of the character, her likes and interests. It puts a face to the issue I am presenting through my production, forces people to humanize Black transgender women by putting my character in a setting of getting ready into her favorite clothes, surrounded by her personal items.
  As for the radio that is an important prop for the very beginning, the radio in mind is one that is hard to obtain and so I will change that either by eradicating it entirely or by another plan, I was thinking of a phone however that is a little more difficult to do, but it can be worked around. And as for the remainder of my filming process, there isn't much left to do. My schedule though will be completely turned around, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, school being canceled, many places being shut down, and the encouragement to self quarantine/ practice as much social distancing and isolation as possible, filming dates will be extremely altered. Once done, the editing part and the rest of the blogging process, as well as my creative reflection, will run much more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...