Sunday, March 15, 2020

Filming updates

  Hello, this week has been extremely hectic and a little bit confusing due to one really big factor that is most definitely messing up my ability to follow the schedule I had planned to follow and have shown on previous blog postings. Quarantine and practicing social isolation, as well as many places shutting down due to COVID-19, this is making scheduling and filming pretty difficult. Though I am pretty prepared, considering this film opening doesn't need many actors, and the majority of filming is taking place within my own home, finding somewhere public, outdoors, and not crowded, will prove to be a challenge.
  To start off with, going back to my challenge of finding an essential prop will be an even greater challenge, as non-essential stores places are being ordered to shut down across Broward County. So I am planning to replace it with a more modern piece of technology that I already own. Another part that was essential was the printing of newspaper articles regarding the issue presented within my own piece, which will also prove to be difficult. This time, not difficult to find but difficult to print out. My home printer is currently broken, and the only way I was able to print them out was through my dad's office printer, which is currently very restricted for workers such as my dad now with the strict social policies being implemented surrounding this pandemic. I will try to ask my dad when it's his turn to return to the office to print some out for me, or ask for the printer to be fixed considering the time we have during this quarantine.
  With this in mind, I will be coming up with new ways to replace the things I will unfortunately have to cut out or modify quite a bit. However, I am halfway done with filming anyways, and will soon start editing after I've planned how the rest of my filming will go. For right now, this posting is about the changes that will officially will have to be made to my project. Stay tuned for my next postings introducing my new ideas and ruling out which ones don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...