Sunday, March 7, 2021

Scheduling (Part 1)

   As it is coming up to about a month until this project is due, I need to start thinking about when and where I am going to film and also planning other aspects of the project. This is a little bit tricky because I have a very busy schedule despite not going out much. I am obviously a student with other classes to attend to, not to mention having an after school club I attend meetings for every Monday and Wednesday, as well as being an officer for a club that meets every Thursday after school. I also have a job and work a regular schedule of every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday night from 6:00 - 10:30 pm. Additionally, I am learning how to drive in order to hopefully get my drivers license by the end of the year and to also be a confident driver so that I can take myself to work and eventually college next year. So I am planning on taking professional driving lessons at least once a week starting next week, which was already difficult to schedule since I have a limited amount of space in the week to do so.

  Before I can create a good filming schedule, I still need to figure out the whole casting situation. Since I will be working with multiple people, I will need to figure out the dates and times that are good with them as well as making sure that they all line up well with each other. Even further though, in order to do that I need to cast people for the roles to begin with so that I can actually come up with a good start date for filming to begin with. I'm aware that even when I do figure all these things out and create a calendar for filming that it isn't going to be precisely followed, but it will serve as a rough outline and a plan to stay on track with as best as I possibly can. I'm hoping to get at least one or two days of filming per week leading up to the due date so that I don't have to spend long hours of filming last minute. I'll be making a second posting about scheduling once all of these things are settled, and I plan on casting people very very soon which I will also post about on this blog. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...