Monday, March 2, 2020

Casting updates!

  Hello, today's post is on the shorter side but my next postings will be detailed, I found it important to update you on the casting situation. If you've been following my most recent blog postings, then you will remember how I utilized social media to promote a casting call for my film idea's main character, Maya Palmer. As an update, so far nobody has come into contact with me about possibly acting for the film opening. However, on the bright side I have been referred to somebody who may be interested through a friend, and they are somebody with more friends that I can communicate with and potentially cast as actors in my piece. I have additionally asked people close to me to act as any necessary background characters. As another idea to broaden my outreach, I have decided to expand the county area for more possible people. Rather than just Broward County I will also be including Miami-Dade County!
  My casting won't require much acting skills dialogue wise, as there won't be much dialogue to begin with. The majority of my film opening will include a series of intimate shots in which the opening credits will be placed. So, as soon as I get all my cast together and buy all necessary costume and prop designs (which I will be documenting in my blogs with vlogs of the process of these purchases and description of their purpose) I can start filming very soon! I am incredibly excited to start filming for this project, the representation and message to it is something very important to me and I hope to convey it accurately and artistically well. Keep posted to follow me as I document my physical planning process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

    My short film, Reaching Equilibrium, is about a teenage girl named Evelyn who was recently diagnosed and starting treatment for bipolar ...